Every once in a while, the Healthcare Quality Certification Commission (HQCC) revises the CPHQ Candidate Examination Handbook. The last revision occurred only in the last few weeks. The previous version of the Handbook was published in January 2013.
In our experience, the updates of this Handbook may or may not be material to the CPHQ candidate. So when I discovered the Handbook had been revised again, the first question that went through my mind was, “What’s changed?” The second was, “Did they change the CPHQ exam content outline?” (Not likely given the latest Practice Analysis survey happened only in June and July this year. But I needed to know in case I had to develop questions for any tasks that were new on the outline.)
I compared the two latest versions of the CPHQ Candidate Examination Handbook:
- CPHQ Candidate Examination Handbook (Last modified October 11, 2013)
- CPHQ Candidate Examination Handbook (Last modified January 3, 2013)
We found only three changes, none of which will matter much to CPHQ candidates:
- Page 7 (January 2013 edition)—Canceling an Examination. This section was deleted. Reading the latest edition of the Handbook, it appears that you can no longer cancel your exam appointment.
- Page 14 (both editions)—Appeals. The mailing address to which you should send appeals has changed to: 4700 West Lake Ave., Glenview, IL 60025.
- Page 14 (January 2013 edition)—Verification of Scores. This section was deleted, probably because verification of exam scores from electronic responses is pointless.
Most importantly, I could not find any changes to the CPHQ exam content outline (I checked three times).